We’ve been getting a lot of questions about wedding dress, suit and other alterations, so we thought we’d put it at your Googling fingertips 😉
At Masako’s we recommend a minimum of one month allotted to wedding dress alterations. Yes, we can do it much faster (and yes it will also likely cost you more if you wait until the last minute), but we’ve found that a month allows for at least a couple fittings in a stress-free flow.
Common Bridal Alterations:
- Shorten hem – changing the length of the dress; pricing depends on number of layers, if the layers are flared, and the edging on each layer (lace? horsehair? rolled finish?).
- Bustle – got a train? The bustle is the alteration that picks your train up off the ground during your reception so you can move about, dance, etc. Depending on the length and style of your train, a bustle may have one to six pick ups.
- Cups – ditch the bra; we’ll sew in some cups (or two sets if you prefer!)
- Take in – when the dress is too big
- Let out – when the dress is too small; we can also change the closure of the gown if there is not enough seam allowance to adequately let the dress out
- Change/ Add straps/sleeves – want some cute off the shoulder sleeves added to your strapless gown? Need a little more coverage up to? We can custom make straps and sleeves.
- Change closure – sometimes you need a corset back instead of a zipper and vice versa. We can do that too.
- Custom dresses – in special cases, we make dresses from start to finish. This is a great option when you want to integrate parts of your mother’s wedding dress, or make a custom flower girl dress.
Keywords: wedding dress alterations Honolulu, formal dress alterations, suit alterations, bridal shop, tuxedo alterations, sewing Honolulu, custom dresses